Despite being Cambodia’s second largest city, time seemingly stands still when visitors land in Battambang. Compared with the tourist hubs of Siem Reap, there are few visitors and the city-more like a small town-has retained its Cambodian charm. Battambang most populous city and a popular tourist destination due to the many nearby ancient temples, Buddhist shrines and the infamous bamboo railway. We would like to recommend you do a full day tour in Battambang with a great driver who showed you around. My blog will recognize this piece of advice: rent TukTuk or Car for full day tour in Battambang. Here are the top things to see and do tour in Battambang.
What to expect
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop at : Bamboo Train ( Duration: 1 hour)
First we go to see original Bamboo Train at Odombong Village. we will be here about an hour if you ride Bamboo Train. We can see mini old translations, scenic from rice fields, and walk around village for 20 minutes before return back by Bamboo train.
Stop at : Ek Phnom Temple (Duration: 4 hours)
After have fun by riding Bamboo Train in the morning, we explore the north of Battambang countryside. We will stop to visit the villagers and see how they produce local products such as fist paste, sticky rice, rice papers, rice wine and learn how do they dried banana. Also we can get a chance to learn more about the Khmer Rouge when we visit the well of shadows (in Wat Samrongknong), a monument to honor the people killed during the war. last thing to see at the north side is Wat Ekphnom temple then back to city to have lunch or we can have in the village if we time lunch.
Stop at : Wat Banan Temple (Duration: 3 hours)
After take a break, we will leave city around 12:00pm and continue to see Wat Banan temple and get an experience beautiful panoramic views. but many things on the way, we can see such as Suspension bridge, Riverbank, Farming and ancient house
Stop at : Phnom Sampeau (Duration: 3 hours)
Last thing in full day-Battambang tour on the afternoon,we continue the tour in our TukTuk towards Phnom Sampov mountain, It is shrines and killing caves used during the Khmer Rouge period. Enjoy the vast and beautiful scenery and end our journey before sunset and visiting the ‘Bat army’-thousands of bats flying out of their caves in the mountain side at dusk. You’ll get dropped off at the bottom of the mountain and can walk up (it’s easier than taking the stairs).
The walk can be done in flip-flops, but shoes make it easier. The entire walk takes about an hour and is not particularly difficult, although the easiest way to get back down is by a steep set of stairs. You can also pay a moto to take you up, but you will need to take one of the guys that wait at the bottom of the mountain. They have a monopoly and will not let you take the moto or tuk tuk that you arrived in.
Around 6 p.m. each night thousands upon thousands of bats stream out of the caves and make a pretty impressive sight. You’ll get the best view of the bat exodus from the road below the mountain.
- Bamboo Train.
- Fist paste ( Khmer Cheese )
- Sticky rice bamboo ( Cake in Bamboo ).
- Rice papers ( Spring Roles ).
- Rice wine ( Khmer traditional wines ).
- Dried banana ( Banana slices ).
- Wat Ekphnom temple.
- Suspension bridge.
- Countryside ( Field and Farm ).
- Wat Banan temple ( temple on mountain top ).
- Phnom Sampov mountain : (Golden temple. Landscape. Killing cave. Bat cave….).
Time of Tour
- Start at 8:30am
- Spend time traveling about 10 hours.
- Finish aroung 6:30pm
- By car $60/Three to 1/4 people.
- By TukTuk $35 for 1/4 people.
- TukTuk with driver.
- Pick up & Drop off.
- Local Guide speaking in English.
- Cold waters.
- Entrance fee $1 (at Ek Phnom temple and Phnom Sampov ).
- Entrance fee $2 at Banan temple.
- Bamboo Train riding $5 person.
- Motorbike up to Phnom Sampov $3 pp ( if you want to avoid walking).
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers